What You Need to Know
Having camp in these times is a challenging opportunity. For us to be able to have camp, we must adhere to some additions guidelines. We will follow all CDC protocols and expectations, as well as social distancing. Please make note of these things to ensure a safe and excellent camp experience.
1. We are not allowed to use buses/vans to transport students to and from camp. As a result, Parents/guardian must drop off and pick up their students. Drop off at Highland Lakes Camp and Conference Center will start at 3:00pm on Monday, June 15. Check in will be from 3:00pm to 4:30pm.
5902 Pace Bend Rd N
Spicewood, TX, 78669
Camp is located inside Pace Bend Park. When you come to the station, let them know that you are going to Highland Lakes Camp. There is no charge to enter the camp.
Pick up will be THURSDAY, June 18 at 9:30pm.
2. Every camper must bring a mask. It is not required that it is worn at all times, but is required to have.
3. Upon arrival, each camper will have their temperature checked by a non contact thermometer. If a camper has a temperature of 100.4 or higher they will not be allowed to stay at camp and must return home.
4. Students will be told which cabin to go to and will check in and get set up in the cabin.
5. Cabins will be set to CDC standards with sneeze screens as well as expected social distancing while in the bunks. Showers will be spray cleaned after every use. No students will be allowed in the shower until the sponsor has approved that it has been sanitized.
6. In the worship center (Miles Auditorium), we will have the chairs set to the expected social distancing measures. The same will be true in the Bible study rooms.
7. Meals will be pre packaged and picked up in an orderly, socially distancing manner. All food allergies will be taken care of and special pre packaged meals will be available for all allergies. We will follow socially distancing while eating meals.
8. Medicine Administration Form. If you student has medications that must be taken, please follow the medication form and fill it out completely. We have a male and a female sponsor who will be responsible that campers take their meds. There is a nurse available 24/7 while we are on camp.
9. Cost for the camp will be $250. You may pay by check, turned in at Powerhouse or arranged with Allen, Sherry or Jared. You can also pay online at central.com/give. Please make a general contribution and indicate your student(s) name(s) and youth camp in the memo section of either payment method.
10. Pick up will be THURSDAY NIGHT, June 18 at 9:30pm. Instead of staying the extra night and just getting up and eating breakfast and coming home, we will have pick up at 9:30pm Thursday night after our last worship time and church share time.
11. Please read through the What to Bring and What NOT to Bring pages for a packing list.
12. There will be hand washing stations all around camp and hand sanitizer all around camp, with expectation of regular washing and sanitizing throughout the day.
13. All sponsors/adults will have their phone in case you need to talk to your student or have an emergency. A list of all sponsors and contact numbers will be sent as we finalize the list.